12 mei 2010

Boem paukeslag!








This book is a book about publishing books, about printing, typography, graphic design but also about writers and poets.
The last picture is an well-known Dutch example of a so-called concrete poet or shape poet: Poetry in which the typographical arrangement of words is as important in conveying the intended effect as the conventional elements of the poem, such as meaning of words, rhythm, rhyme and so on. The poet 'Boem Paukeslag' (translated as 'boom drumbeat) is written by Flemish poet and writer and Dada artist Paul van Ostaijen in written around 1920.
I love this poet, because of its typographical and poetical importance .

1 opmerking:

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...